Monday, February 17, 2014

Giraffes Can't Dance, Number Rumba: Giles Andreae

Giraffes Can't Dance: Number Rumba

Sometimes other authors just beat you to it in this profession! This just happened to me. Giles Andreae nailed the concept I was playing around with for a board book. I wanted to portray animals doing the tango, the waltz, the jive. Giraffes Can't Dance, Number Rumba Counting Book caught it before I could dance my way straight.

Totz will enjoy seeing the recognizable giraffe again from Giraffes Can't Dance. Each page has an animal peeking from the book's border. That animal will take the stage to leap to the beat when the page is reached. Clever, fun, and energized, your totz will be tapping along and counting the animals rocking out.

Giraffes Can't Dance
Number Rumba, Counting Book
by Giles Andreae
illustrated by Guy Parker-Rees
Scholastic, 2013

No comments: