Monday, June 8, 2009

Tie A Bow, Ben Bunny: Mavis Smith

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Y618FFK5L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Ben Bunny's shoes are untied and he doesn't know how to tie them. Luckily, his pal the crow will teach him, step by step. Totz can follow the instructions using the four colorful laces that are provided. (recommended for ages 3 and up)

"Uh-oh," said Ben. "What'll I do?
I don't know how to tie my shoe."

"Pay attention," said the crow.
"I'll show you how to tie a bow."

The 5-step tying instructions are easy to follow, and there's a big diagram of a pair of shoes on the facing page that encourages young readers:

"Now you try!"

Delighted with his newfound skill, Ben Bunny goes a little wild, tying bows everywhere. In a humorous ending, even his ears wind up in a lovely bow. Good job, Ben Bunny!

Tie A Bow, Ben Bunny
Mavis Smith, author-illustrator
Scholastic, Cartwheel Books, 1996
(recommended for ages 3 and up)

~ Joan Holub, author-illustrator

2 comments:

Swati said...

Cute :)

Lorie Ann Grover said...

It is cute. I have a friend who is always asking me to write a "rabbit tie your shoe book." Now I can point them to this one!