Sunday, September 18, 2011

Joyce Wan: You Are My Cupcake

 
You Are My Cupcake by Joyce Wan is simple and simply yummy. Self-described as a "bite-sized treat for you and your little sweetheart," this glossy, glittery book is eye-catching and, well, sweet.

You are my CUPCAKE.
My sticky little GUMDROP.

The art is bold and the color choices are reminiscent of actual bakery goods. This is a sturdy, board book that totz and babies will ask for again and again. It's about them and how sweet they are. And it has a satisfying ending. What's not to like?

Joyce has created three other children's books, as well as notecards, totebags, magnets, and clothing. I look forward to more books from this talented author-illustrator.

An interview with Joyce Wan at Cakespy.

16 page board book  
author/illustrator: Joyce Wan

1 comment:

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Looks YUMMY! Thanks, Joan!