Monday, August 1, 2011

Uh-oh! I'm Sorry: Jill Ackerman



Uh-oh! I'm Sorry is a lesson in manners and etiquette for ages 0-2, but it's a nice reinforcement for totz as well. At ten pages, with oversized lift-the-flaps and rhyming repetitive text, it reassures readers that simple mistakes can always be fixed. For instance, when crayon scribbles venture onto the floor instead of staying put on a drawing:

Sometimes I color outside the lines.
Uh-oh!
(child is joined by mom under flap)
I'm sorry!
It's okay.
We can clean it up.

Though accidents will happen, the set of important words in this book will help the youngest readers cope when they do.

Uh-oh! I'm Sorry
Author: Jill Ackerman
Illustrator: Michelle Berg
Publisher: Cartwheel Books
Series: Little Scholastic

1 comment:

Lorie Ann Grover said...

How perfect! Thanks, Little Scholastic!