Friday, September 25, 2015

Poetry Friday: Double Happiness by Nancy Tupper Ling



Filling little boxes with treasures from home, helps a Chinese American brother and sister prepare for a move. The picture book-in-verse tells a complete story as a novel-in-verse would. Another delight from Chronicle, and it's perfect for Poetry Friday!

Leaf

One stray leaf
flutters down
onto my box--
Eucalyptus!
If I had a koala I'd feed
her this minty meal all
day long--
the perfect treasure
to remind me of home.

Double Happiness
By Nancy Tupper Ling
Illustrated by Alina Chau
Chronicle Books, 2015

2 comments:

Sylvia Vardell said...

Hi and thanks for joining our Poetry Friday gathering! I just saw this book, DOUBLE HAPPINESS, today, as a matter of fact and it's lovely, isn't it?!

Sally Murphy said...

This looks like a delightful verse novel, and I love the extract. Off to seek out the book for myself :)