Monday, August 3, 2009

Watch Me HOP! Rebecca Young

http://images.barnesandnoble.com/images/35810000/35812290.JPG
Watch Me HOP! has "8 Amazing Moving Pictures." These photos that seem to move are actually 60-frame lenticulars. Totz can actually watch a bunny or a grasshopper hop, and an elephant swing its trunk. The animals almost literally leap off the page!

I leap up high
and land with a plop!
I'm a FROG . . .
Watch me hop!

The black and solid color design is eye-catching. I think this photo technique is fascinating and totz I've shown it to have loved it. It's great to see boundaries being pushed like this to create a successful book. It's pretty sturdy and will likely stand up to most totz' handling.

Watch Me HOP!
Rebecca Young, author
Von Glitschka, illustrator
Pamela Notarantonio, designer
Scholastic, 2009

~ reviewed by Joan Holub, author

3 comments:

Lorie Ann Grover said...

I want to see this! Just the cover grabs, right?

Swati said...

Wow, that is some book!

Joan Holub said...

Right, Lorie Ann and Swati!