Monday, December 31, 2012

Big Kid Pick: Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs

Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs: As Retold by Mo Willems

I know it's hard to believe, really hard, but I picked this picture book up and read it without realizing who the author was. Seriously. I knew Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs was my Big Kid's Pick by the last page and then continued laughing when I turned back to the cover and discovered the brilliance, again, was Mo. (How did I not recognize the illustrations? I don't know.)

You have to love three dinosaurs visiting from Norway, who go Someplace Else and don't wait for an unsuspecting kid to come by, a "poorly supervised" Goldilocks. She eats three bowls of chocolate pudding, finds three chairs which are too tall, and finally discovers she's in a dinosaur home.

There are echoes of James Marshall throughout this gem. I absolutely loved this work. Don't miss it! It's one of my favorites of 2012. Thanks, Mo!

Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs
by Mo Willems
Balzer + Bray, HarperCollins

No comments: